PDA

View Full Version : hello fish people

fishywishy
16-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Hello, I'm currently looking after a friends goldfish while they are on a fortnight's holiday, he is a bit sad looking in his little bowl, I've noticed in only a few days the water is very cloudy, how often should I change it? there is no pump or anything to oxygenate the water, he is very attentive though and does want attention if you are around him, any clues on the water position? thanks

Kirsty
16-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey FishyWishy welcome to the site, Im new also and im looking for information on fish aswell, Im sure someone will help you with your situation. :welcome:

Kirsty
16-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I have been having a read about and Ive found that the cloudy water can be due to stress also putting too much food in the tank can cause the water to be cloudy and I also found that it might help to clean the water.
If your water is cloudy or was recently cloudy and is now clear, be sure to check your fish for Signs of Stress and Disease.

Don't feed your fish more than they can eat.
Learn to feed your fish so there isn't any uneaten food left over. Carefully watch your fish eat and then remove any uneaten food after 10 minutes. Only feed your fish twice a day.

Be sure to clean your fish's home ...
once a month and change 20% of the water twice a week use fresh tap water.

I hope it may help with your querie. Good Luck

Timo
16-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello Fishywishy. Try not to overfeed, twice a day with two small feeds better than one big feed once a day. A pump with an airstone would be nice for your fishies health. Change no more than a quarter of the water about once a week and it should be fine.