Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus tank build/help

Sea Cucumber

Re: Discus tank build/help

Ok! Thanks for the food advice. I’ve got the fish in a friends tank for the time being, as this sump is going through a redesign. I’ve decided to do a full fluidized sump design. I’ve upgraded the sump from a 20l to a 30 Gallon and split the tank using a divider to hold the media. Ordered 3 gallons of medium sized k1 media from eBay. Here’s the link,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142024172515

Now, instead of using 2 smaller heaters, I’ve decided in the interest of saving power strip space, to go with just 1 bigger one. Don’t worry, I’m picking up a backup.

Now. The bigger thing. Lights.....um I’m thinking about 2 finnex Ray 24/7 lights. Would that be bright enough for a deep tank like the 90? Any suggestions that won’t rob me like kessil? I know they are the best but a price tag like that for 1...and I would need 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest i don't know any think about this light....just having a quick read up on it and as far as i can see there is only the finnex planted that i can find and not the finnex ray.

The finnex planted as far as i can tell will be ok upto 24" deep and if you are using two of them i can't see any problem with them and they come with a remote as well.

As for the heater i would say a 300w will do the job for you and can be left in the sump.

Sea Cucumber

Cool! Sorry about the “Ray” I meant planted + 24/7. My mistake. I may try just one and if it’s not bright enough for all the corners, I’ll order a second one. As for the heater, thanks for telling me before I got two 200w ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonykahrs For This Useful Post:

Gary R (03-01-2018), lost (11-01-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12