Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown fish disease!

Sea Cucumber

Re: Unknown fish disease!

I did order a water testing kit offline but it hasnt arrived so today i will go back to the fish shop and get a water test done for me...
    all of the fish are doing ok today.... its so weird guys they are stressing me out so much! I woke up 3 times in the night to come and check them. Back to the fish shop!!!!! & actually today i noticed on roger that he has some white markings.. doesnt look like fungus or white spot to me but i dont know on a pleco... he swam fast from one side of the tank to the other last night and straight into the side of tank so i hope its not an injury!! (He spooked himself) Thanks

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180918/c5bc59b3f30a966c0e3a4a10c2a08ef0.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Cucumber

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccakatie3065 View Post
    I did order a water testing kit offline but it hasnt arrived so today i will go back to the fish shop and get a water test done for me...
    all of the fish are doing ok today.... its so weird guys they are stressing me out so much! I woke up 3 times in the night to come and check them. Back to the fish shop!!!!! & actually today i noticed on roger that he has some white markings.. doesnt look like fungus or white spot to me but i dont know on a pleco... he swam fast from one side of the tank to the other last night and straight into the side of tank so i hope its not an injury!! (He spooked himself) Thanks

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180918/c5bc59b3f30a966c0e3a4a10c2a08ef0.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_8158.jpg

Can't really see from that picture what the marks are on him......do you have any driftwood in your tank ( could not see any ) as common pleco like this to chew on as it needs this for the source of fibre it needs.

I hope all the fish have now settled down and you can start to enjoy this hobbie.

Sea Cucumber

Yeah hes very fast and its hard to take a decent photo of him before he gets spooked. We’ve been using an internal parasite medicine the pet shop told us to get as they thought that was the problem.. ive tested my water today and from what i can understand the PH is too low & so is the KH. My nitrate is showing possibly 60 but the colour is slightly orangy which my colour chart doesnt show.. after looking at these results what can i do for my tank? Ive read about using baking soda to raise KH but im worried about this

Add a small amount of sodium bicarbonate to your aquarium this will raise both your KH and PH ...... only use half a teaspoon at a time as this will raise the KH by about 2 degrees and PH about 1 degree in 25 gallons of water.... (do not use baking soda as you said above) or you could buy some crushed coral and put it in a sock in your filter.
    Always keep a eye on your fish when adding stuff to your water.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

rebeccakatie3065 (25-09-2018)

What ever changes you make to your water do it slowly!!! the last thing you want to do is stress the fish anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12