Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: A new Fish tank is Born in Gary's House

A new Fish tank is Born in Gary's House

Well it had to happen one day, Rising from the ashes like the Phoenix ...... A new Fish tank is Born in Gary's house

I said goodbye to the Mrs Saturday morning and waved her off as she reversed down our driveway then drove off to work.... It was the worst thing i could of done to her as a hour later this big van pulled up outside my house and two big strapping lads got out and opened the back doors of there van and to my amazement there was this big 180 gallon marine fish tank with a metal framed cabinet sat inside it waiting to be lifted out

After a hour or more of them lifting this into the house and putting it into place...... the two of them quickly emptied my safe of all its money then drove off

Well i had a big smile on my face all day after that ..... until the Mrs came home from work then it changed as the first thing see sore after giving me a kiss on the way in was this new big tank in our back living room and looking at her face she was not amused at all and the first thing she said to me was i thought we were not getting another fish tank ? second thing she said to me was, it is bigger than the other one that was there ..... so like a naughty boy i went and until she had a couple of glasses of wine
    I'v got a bit of creeping to do now with her

Got to say the tank looks nice

Anyway this is a new start to setting up a new tank and if anyone whats to follow this new journey of mine i will be posting pictures as i go along with the setting up over the following weeks, months and years if she lets me .......Don't know were the money is coming from for this......... will have to work some long hours to pay for it all
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes ...A new Fish tank is Born

I knew you had the bug i am looking forward to the pictures, i see you have your bed in there as well your idea or the mrs ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:

Gary R (10-12-2019)

Well i'v started to fill it up as you can see from the first picture of this thread ....three days on and it is not much higher
    looking like it will take a week to fill and this is with a new RO unit which should be 100 gals a day....

Second thing which i don't know how to tell the Mrs .... is that i'v now got two of the Radion XR15w Pro Gen 3s above the tank that are not working which they were when i moved the old tank out and these are now out of warranty and will cost me another £700 to replace them with the Radion XR15w Pro Gen 4 as the Gen 3 is no longer available. (when it rains it pours) (i'm wondering if i'v made a big mistake here starting up again)

I'v added some live/dead rock from a tank i had running 10 years ago, so will need to seed it with some live rock and water out of my sump that is still running in the hallway.....i will be moving this sump to its new home under the new tank tonight then installing the pipe work over the next couple of days as its filling up.

That's it for now and here is another picture or two of the tank with one of my little girls looking on .IMG_2677.jpgIMG_2678.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (12-12-2019)

ooo i like that well smart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reddevil For This Useful Post:

Gary R (11-12-2019)

Well another day another gallon

Got a heater in the top added some salt and will be moving the pump down so i can start to mix it up a bit as it is topping up.

Most of the pipe work is in and the sump as been moved under the tank .....made the Mrs happy as now she as the hallway back and not smelling of sea air anymore with the sump being out there for the last two months

Fish are not happy at the moment being stuck in the sump but it is only for a week or so more, then they can go into there new home for Christmas

IMG_2680.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (12-12-2019)

looking good Gary i love the dog

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:

Gary R (13-12-2019)

Well I've taken down the two faulty xr15 pro lights off the tank and sending them off to be checked if they can be repaired or not .... if not i will have to buy 2 of the new xr 15 pro G4s to replace them
    Tank is looking like it should be full some time over the weekend .... will give it 24 hours to seed in using some rock and water from the sump then move the fish over to there new home.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (13-12-2019)

Ordered a new Flipper glass tank cleaner from amazon last night at 11pm and it turned up this morning at 11.15am that's the way to go amazon well done.

Update on the tank .....its full

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (17-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R View Post

Update on the tank .....its full
    And full of what pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    And full of what pics!!
    water

sump is now running with main tank, added fish last night and all equipment is now working.... parameters are all in a good range as well

Still thinking if it is a mistake starting up again as money is flying out of my account fast.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (19-12-2019)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast