Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A new Fish tank is Born in Gary's House

Re: A new Fish tank is Born in Gary's House

Quote Originally Posted by JulieKensai View Post
    Wow this is a clean looking setup! It looks extremely expensive haha I’m almost a little jelly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi and welcome to fish-keeping.com

It as cost me a bit of money this time round as i had to replace the tank, stand, couple of light fittings, corals and the back room carpet with the fish tank losing all its water due to the sealant splitting down one side of the glass and flooding the room well i was still at work.... it was not a nice site when i got home as you will see from the link below at the bottom

But these things happen and it makes you wonder why am i doing this again.... but its in my blood and a hobby that i like a lot

I'v been out this weekend getting a few more Corals to fill it up a bit more as you do, so will be posting the pictures of them on here when i get 5 mins

So JulieKensai do you have a fish tank ? if so what sort ...how long have you been in this hobby please let us know and once again welcome to the forum...hope you stick around.

Regards
    Gary R.

Sorry forgot to add this link, when i lost the other tank a few months back https://www.fish-keeping.com/forums/...-Days-are-Over
    Last edited by Gary R; 27-01-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add link

Well i think i upset my Blue hippo tang on Sunday when i went out and got some new corals for his house. Since putting them in there all he as been doing is grabbing them with his teeth and moving them off the rocks. I saw the big sod do it to a couple of monti plates i put in there and to one of the acans which i have left on the floor

IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg

So not only have you got the mrs telling you what to , do you got the fish at it as well

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:

Gary R (29-01-2020)

Well... I've been nipping out to the fish store over the last two weeks well the Mrs as been recovering in bed and bringing back a few corals

Will post some pictures up when I get two mins.

Got to say this bare bottom tank is taking a lot of hard work to keep it clean just latly

Not had much time to add to this thread lately with things going on at home...but i have added another XR15 G4 to the tank making it up to 5 lights as did not think it was getting the full length of the tank, which it is now.

Added a couple more SPS corals to the tank as well, first being a green spotted chalice sps, plus a acropora strawberry shortcake colony and a yellow tip acropora

tank.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    tan4.jpg
    tank3.jpg

Looking nice gary it will look good when the corals become established

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:

Gary R (26-03-2020)

Thanks Dave, I'm trying my best but it's costing a bit of money this time round starting from scratch again but as you said it will start to grow and become established one day

Hope you and your family are all well mate and all are staying safe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

lost (26-03-2020)

well i ordered a new sump light on Monday and it turned up today

So i have gone from this 12 year old lamp which was 11W IMG_3197.jpg to this 100W lamp IMG_3202.jpg

It is a 100W NICREW Aquarium LED Reef Light, Dimmable Full Spectrum Marine LED Light for Saltwater Coral Fish Tanks off amazon for £120 this is a close up of it unpacking it tonight IMG_3200.jpg

So i am hoping that this will be good enough to carry on growing my chaeto in there like the white light i used before, plus i'm hoping that it will grow my sps frags that i end up putting in there on the frag rack i have. This is only because i don't like seeing frag racks in the main tank...Only time will tell if this light will be up to the task of growing these sps corals on....

I also have two mating clowns in the sump which have been in there for around 10 years now with there own soft corals and zoanthids gardens which have been growing just fine using the old 11W white light

I will be doing a update on this in a few days time and seeing if it as made any diffidence in what i can grow or can't in the sump.

If anyone is interested in looking at this as a cheap marine light you can find it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NICREW-Aqua...SCS0SQVVYAV3WR

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary R For This Useful Post:

Liam-A (09-04-2020), lost (09-04-2020)

Looking good i know this hobby can drive you to drink but already gary ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:

Gary R (09-04-2020)

Well a over due update on my tank ....and to be honest there is not much to report with this lock down still on as most of us are finding it hard to buy fish and corals these days as no one can get there hands on any

The only thing i have done lately is add a wifi doser to the tank and move over from Reeflowers KH & Calcium liquid Blends to Tropic Marin Carbocalcium Powder, which is both KH & Calcium mixed together and with buying the power and mixing it yourself with RO water saves a lot of money and only one chemical to dose... upto now this seems to be working would will do a update on this after a couple of weeks using it.

The dosing pump i got in the the end was the coral box wifi WF04 ... i have read good and bad reports over this doser and the bad were about air getting into the lines which i did at the start but i ended up putting the non-return valves that come with it on the line were it goes into the doser and it as worked fine for me.

At the moment i am dosing on pump one the Tropic Marin Carbocalcium @ 40ml per day and on pump two i am dosing vodka @20ml per day

IMG_3292.jpgIMG_3298.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast