Thread: WiFi Smart Power Strip for my fish tank

WiFi Smart Power Strip for my fish tank

Got myself a smart power 4 gang outlet with 4 USBs and a surge protector which as Wi-Fi built into it and works with Alexa and Google home assistant.

Been trying this 4 gang outlet out now for a couple of days and I've got to say its actually very good.

First of all you need to download the smart-Life App to your phone which I've already got for the water leak detector i have next to the sump in the bottom of the cabinet, this uses the same App.

After doing that you can then switch any of the 4 sockets on or off at any time or switch the 4 on at once using the phone or once set up voice control. The 4 x USBs all switch on as one and can be switched on with the 4 sockets or on there own.

It as a timer function built into the App so that you can set times of the day and night to have any of the sockets or USBs to come on and off.

You can Name the sockets to what ever you like IE: socket 1 can be called sump light, socket 2 can be called tank fan and so on.

The best thing with this one is if you ever have a power cut it will remember what was on or off before the power cut which did it for me....i have not seen any other WI-Wi 4 way sockets do this up to now and that is what made this for me.

Last thing that you can do with this is see from any were in the world what you have got switch on or off by looking out the App.

Hope this helps anyone out there that is looking to make life a little easier looking after fish

Got this for £25 off Amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...HH40L24LV&th=1

Sea Cucumber

Re: WiFi Smart Power Strip for my fish tank

Thanks for this Gary this is actually really useful. I knew of smart plugs, but smart extension leads - I had no idea! With the wifi capabilities, is it only a simple on/off function for the whole lead, or would i be able to remotely turn on/off individual sockets?

Look forward to your response,
    Josh

Re: WiFi Smart Power Strip for my fish tank

Hi Josh and welcome to fish-keeping.com

Sorry not been around for a bit due to family problems ...Yes this smart extension will turn each socket on and off at different times including the usb part as well.

I've been using this for a while now with no problems at all it even as a timer built into the app for each socket

Regards Gary