Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something in my tank?

Re: Something in my tank?

These still sound like hair worms to me Kirsty .....if you can post a picture for me and i will tell you.....you will 99% of the time see these if you over feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
    These still sound like hair worms to me Kirsty .....if you can post a picture for me and i will tell you.....you will 99% of the time see these if you over feed.
    The glass of the tank was covered in these when i first posted....Now i dont see any at all :o

Should i still not feed them for another 24hrs, and if so, will this be ok as i didnt feed them yesterday either.

Thanks for your help.
    If your just visiting the Forum why not? Sign up to see what the forum has to offer.

Its sounds like Planaria, have a read from the link below,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planaria

Ok i have attached a picture i took 2 days ago when cleaning the tank. I does look terrible, and sorry about this as its the only one i have.

But i dont see them on the tank again. Do they come out when its dark maybe and thats why i seen them this morning?
    If your just visiting the Forum why not? Sign up to see what the forum has to offer.

sorry about not being able to post yesterday ....but the works wireless internet is playing up.

i still think that this is over feeding so just cut down by 50% of the food you give your fish and this should stop this from coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty View Post
    Ok i have attached a picture i took 2 days ago when cleaning the tank. I does look terrible, and sorry about this as its the only one i have.

But i dont see them on the tank again. Do they come out when its dark maybe and thats why i seen them this morning?
    Lots of small micro organisms live in your tank it’s the bacteria in the sand, filters or gravel which actually keep your fish alive. The whole eco system will take time to settle down. Sometimes blooms happen and you will encounter many small creatures multiplying in your tank, don’t panic. If this continues for more than a couple of weeks then you have a problem but usually they use up all there recourses in the tank which they are feeding from and there number will vastly decease.

As they get larger your fish will probably eat them which is why the mainly come out when it's dark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12