Thread: angel fish laying eggs

Sea Cucumber

angel fish laying eggs

hi i have had my aquarium for 2 weeks and my angelfish is laying eggs all over my filter do i need to move the other fish into another tank to protect the eggs. can you recomend a good source of information on the subject of fish breeding many thanks
    ian h
    Last edited by ian h; 08-09-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Re: angel fish laying eggs

Quote Originally Posted by ian h View Post

attached is photo of my angel and her eggs
    There is no photo
    If your just visiting the Forum why not? Sign up to see what the forum has to offer.

Sea Cucumber

i will have to post photo later it wont upload

Quote Originally Posted by ian h View Post
    hi i have had my aquarium for 2 weeks and my angelfish is laying eggs all over my filter do i need to move the other fish into another tank to protect the eggs. can you recomend a good source of information on the subject of fish breeding many thanks
    ian h
    You can buy a devider for the tank that will devide them.

Breeding in Community Tanks. Many angelfish spawn in community tanks to the complete surprise of their owners. More likely their owners never even see the spawns. The angels lay their eggs on the filter tube or tank wall. Good parents will drive the other fishes to the opposite end of the tank. Bad parents will help the other fishes eat the eggs.

Hope it helps, soz if it doesnt. its all i no about
    If your just visiting the Forum why not? Sign up to see what the forum has to offer.

Sea Cucumber

thanks kirsty it does help the angel was driving the other fish away last night but this morning all the spawn was gone and the tank has setteled down again. I am going to get another tank for my angels any way so hopefully i will get some young sometime soon thank you for all your help and advice

ian h

Wow, few days ago my angels were breeding, unfortunetly they were in the community tank and common plec must of eaten the eggs

i managed to capture all this on video

the eggs have gone? most likely other fish have eaten them or the parents themself eaten them, ideally breeding pair should be moved to a seperate tank with a breeding slate. hope this helps
    Endless possibilities with fish-keeping.