Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saltwater?

Re: Saltwater?

A Deltec MCE300 Protein Skimmer would be good .

Thanks for the help and advice guys just been looking for a new filter as i have noticed my 3 stage internal one is leaking.And i happened to notice the same place as one of the links also sells filters http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Layer-filtra...d=p3286.c0.m14 i no its cheap but it might do me?

sorry lost only just seen this post.

did you get this in the end as i see the item as ended, looks ok for £20

Regards Gary

no mate not yet it dose look ok but to be honest it is cheap so i am wondering if it will be any good.There are quite a few on fleabay i will have a look when i come back after me weekend away

well all i can say m8 is have a good look at the back of your tanks hood to see what sort will fit without having to cut away at the hood to make it fit.

You do see some nice tanks around then you see that the hood as been cut to bits to make things like filters and Protein Skimmer fit it and it does not look that good afterwards.

Thanks Gary i was hoping to put the filter on a shelf inside the cabinet but that would mean me having to extend the pipes to and from the filter is it ok to do this do you think? or would the extra length put to much of a strain on the pump in the filter if you see what i mean thanks mate

I think you would be better looking at the cannister sort of filters then lost.

A Fluval 105 multi stage external filter will do around 100 liters and they have their own auto start on them so on messing about trying to get the water into it.....about £50

Sea Cucumber

Can you please help .

I have a Bio Orb marine tank .With two Shrimps and two hermit Crabs . I recently addedd one Clown fish .

The fish isnt looking to good , Doesnt appear to be getting any of the food that we put in . Not swimming properly and seems to be gulping for air ( or has grown an over shoot jaw over night )

Quote Originally Posted by Gingernuts View Post
    Can you please help .

I have a Bio Orb marine tank .With two Shrimps and two hermit Crabs . I recently addedd one Clown fish .

The fish isnt looking to good , Doesnt appear to be getting any of the food that we put in . Not swimming properly and seems to be gulping for air ( or has grown an over shoot jaw over night )
    Sounds like there is not enough water movement in your tank to support the life in it. You need to get a Nano stream pump (or similar) to move the water.

I have not seen a "Bio Orb marine tank" just the goldfish Bio Orb.

Could you post a picture of your tank?

What are your parameters? (eg Salt SG Temp etc, more info the better)
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Sea Cucumber
    I just want to mention that few fish need salt water and few need fresh water.keep this difference in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12