Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you fishkeepers want from us retailers

What do you fishkeepers want from us retailers

I feel its time we got more input from you guys. not being clairvoyant i am seeking inspiration. are there any products or livestock you feel are missing from our shops.

Re: What do you fishkeepers want from us retailers

I would like to see more algae in shops. The only place i can get most is off ebay but the problem is the post in unreliable and it can be dead by the time it turns up.

Caulerpa racemosa grape, taxifolia or crassifolia mexicana is normaly all thats on ebay though.

Different types of algae are great for reducing nitates and phosphates but most shops dont stock any and sell expensive products like Aqua Medic antiphos Fe i prefer the more natural way.

There are lots of interesting types from green, orange and red plus more, yet all i normally see in shops is lots of fish and some corals.

I would like to see some sea grass and kelp in shops please.

i have stocked red and green grape, green fern, red bamboo quite regularly and am trying to propogate my own at the moment kelp however may be one of the worlds fastist growing plants but it is also one of the worlds slowesty sellers! i may try again with it though.

Surprised it sells slow, thought it would be ideal for sumps and tanks. Never seen any in the two shops around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave wow View Post
    i have stocked red and green grape, green fern, red bamboo quite regularly and am trying to propogate my own at the moment kelp however may be one of the worlds fastist growing plants but it is also one of the worlds slowesty sellers! i may try again with it though.
    Yes i got to say world of water does have this in as iv got some from there for my nano tank as you can see from the logo above.

Sea Cucumber

Hi to you all this is my first post, sorry but i dont post alot as you can see, iv been on this forum for about a year now i think, and i get alot of help out of it by reading of the posts made on here, and iv got to stay that this is a good knowleable forum and i see that they go out of there way to help, which brings me on to retailers....i think alot of fish shops are there to get as much money out of you as they can, and at the same time they give out bad advice....not all shops are like this dont get me wrong but i think staff should be trained abit more as keeping fish is not cheap these days.

all i can stay is keep up the good work.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    Hi to you all this is my first post, sorry but i dont post alot as you can see, iv been on this forum for about a year now i think, and i get alot of help out of it by reading of the posts made on here, and iv got to stay that this is a good knowleable forum and i see that they go out of there way to help, which brings me on to retailers....i think alot of fish shops are there to get as much money out of you as they can, and at the same time they give out bad advice....not all shops are like this dont get me wrong but i think staff should be trained abit more as keeping fish is not cheap these days.

all i can stay is keep up the good work.

Pete
    Well its good to see you made a post Pete. Its very difficult to knock shops some good some bad. I was talking about filter socks to someone just yesterday and he paid £10 for them in Heritage Aquatics and in a shop in Leeds they are only £5! Double the price.

Hermit Crab

Hi Dave, its good to have you on board....

Small brightly coloured corals for me every time !! I see youve got some lovely coloured mushrooms in at the moment....just one question...it may be a bit of a daft question....
    Why do you need to quarantine them for a week....fish yes, I can see why you keep them for a week to check for disease etc....

Anne

because it is the only small power i can have over you! . simply because simple rules are easy to follow. believe me i know its a pain i even wait the full week myself for the tank i run. check our coral out on fri afternoon ive just ordered yuma mushrooms and striped mushrooms.

have ordered red bamboo hair grass and cactus and fern algae to arrive fri pm waiting for kelp to be avail to try again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast