Thread: Chiclids

Chiclids

LoL for all i know chiclids are some aggressive fish
    had a nice community tank long time ago when didnt know nothing about fish put some chiclids in a community tank with mollies, guppies etc/. next morning all the mollies guppies were gone!!!! Dissapeared l
    Next was the ammonia levels didnt know nothing and it all came down as all the fish passed out.....due to high levels of ammonia chichlids were producing.
    Endless possibilities with fish-keeping.

cichlids

This family is unique to its diversity, for size, shape, swimming levels and behaviour. Body shapes range from the disc-like Discus, to the long and pointy Checkerboard. These fish can be very colourful, although many fish in this family get to a very big proportion. One of the most frustrating things about cichlids - although you can get them to breed, they can be very territorial when spawning.

this is the fish i was telling you about Nemo

Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher): A very attractive Cichlid, and a very popular fish, as it only grows up to 3-4". It would form pairs, and then into a close-knit family, which would then defend its territory/eggs.

Size Origin Ease of keep Food Temp Type
    90 mm Africa Easy All foods 24 C Tolerant

Sea Cucumber
    I find Malawi's the most interesting. You can get a similar effect of colours and shape as a Marine tank without the expense and time consuming effort. They are aggressive fish and mouthbrooders which is extremely interesting, if a little frustrating when the females swallow the eggs or refuse to let go of them. I currently have my first fry safely in a nursery tank.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pokergirl For This Useful Post:

Brian1976 (05-05-2017)