Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

Thumbs down TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

well iv got myself a set of AquaBeam 500 DuoTwin Reef Blue a couple of weeks ago for £180

well two weeks on iv had two LEDs blow on me and six of the other LEDs have gone dim just leaving two LEDs working at full brightness.

so this is not a good start for this Next generation state of the art lighting from TMC

if anyone else as had any probs with these please let us know here, and for anyone else thinking about buying these lights in the mean time, i would wait untill we know abit more about how they last

Regards Gary

Re: TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

I know my lfs has set some up in a show tank, I'm not to sure about the blue colour being solid blue or white!

Arcadia are launching there range of LED lighting later this year. Maybe they will be better and cheaper.

I am sticking with next gen T5's until a tried and test LED comes out and gets glowing reports. £180 for a 48 watt light that's a joke!

The arcadia ones are totally different. They have a Single or double 150w HQI pendant with blue LED moonlights.

They are a lot cheaper but will use more electric;

Arcadia Classica Single 150W (540mm) £135.90

Arcadia Classica Double 150W (880mm) £252.99

http://www.classica-aqua.com/product...n=en&sub=&id=5

yes iv seen these in our LFS on a nano tank with two fans in the lid.

i will be taking these lights back and iv been told yesterday about a couple more that have had the same thing happen to them so not just me

well these lights went back last saturday, and iv had a phone call today to say a replacement as been sent for me to try, so we will see what happens this time.

Hermit Crab

I got one of the singles on Saturday. I only got a single strip as for now I just need something to boost the brightness of the tank. I Went for the one with 3 white and 2 blue LED.

I only went in for some RO water, but as I said to my other half, if he isn't willing to come to the fish shop with me, then I cannot be held responsible for how much I spend.

So far so good, but I reckon ideally i would need 2 duo units if I wanted to use these lights only.

I'll let you know if mine go capput.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky M View Post
    I got one of the singles on Saturday. I only got a single strip as for now I just need something to boost the brightness of the tank. I Went for the one with 3 white and 2 blue LED.

I only went in for some RO water, but as I said to my other half, if he isn't willing to come to the fish shop with me, then I cannot be held responsible for how much I spend.

So far so good, but I reckon ideally i would need 2 duo units if I wanted to use these lights only.

I'll let you know if mine go capput.

Well Dave from WOW as got me a replacment for my other one so i shall see if that works better then the first one.

but they do look good at night

Hermit Crab

MY lights seem to have gone on the goldfish tank now. Wonder what one single strip of these would look like in there. No way would I pay for a duo for the goldies though.

Simon's going to see if it's just the starter (?) that needs replacing as we have ruled out the fuse and he reckons both bulbs wouldn't go together. I'm not sure about that as I have lamps which hold 2 bulbs and if one goes it blows the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky M View Post
    MY lights seem to have gone on the goldfish tank now. Wonder what one single strip of these would look like in there. No way would I pay for a duo for the goldies though.

Simon's going to see if it's just the starter (?) that needs replacing as we have ruled out the fuse and he reckons both bulbs wouldn't go together. I'm not sure about that as I have lamps which hold 2 bulbs and if one goes it blows the other.

When you say Bulbs Nicky ...do you mean tubes ? as if you have 2 tubes i would of thought there would be 2 starters as well.

Hermit Crab

Yes I meant tubes. Simon's going to sort it on saturday when I'm at work, in the mean time they are in darkness.

If there are 2 tubes with 2 starters seems even less likely that they have both gone.

I'm barred from fish shops for the rest of the month. I forgot when I bought the led lights that my daughter's 18 in 2 weeks and need the money for a lap top for her! OOps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast