Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

Re: TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

I might have read your post wrong Nicky but if you run 2 tubes (T5 orT8) off a single starter and 1 tube goes the other one wont work until you replace the worn out one with a new tube.

OK got the replacement set of Duo Reefblue AquaRay LEDs and fitted them monday just gone, upto now all ok, will see if same thing happens again over the next couple of weeks, iam hoping not as i do like them alot, and iam hoping to change over to all LEDs which will mean 6 Duo sets at least, will let you all know how we go on

Regards Gary
    Last edited by Gary R; 20-06-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Thumbs down Re: TMC AquaRay Lighting don't work

2nd set as now started to fail on me not happy at all with these lights.....think this time i will be looking at getting me money back.

A very Dis-hearten Gary

I thought the whole idea with LED lighting is that the bulbs are bomb proof and should last about 10 years each day as if they are still new!

I have been thinking about making my own strip light out of LED bulbs with a mix of blue and white to see what it looks like on my tank.

Ordered a LED bulb to have a play with, if its any good i will get some more and make a strip up .
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

This turned up today and looks really good. Ordered 50 pieces to make light with but decided to go for the more powerful 10mm LED bulbs, I know they use more juice but they should travel further.
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

let us know how it goes Timo.....but watch out for any heat as this is what is causing the probs for TMCs LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
    let us know how it goes Timo.....but watch out for any heat as this is what is causing the probs for TMCs LEDs
    Got this email from TMC of someone;
    Thank you for your email. There has been no recall of AquaRay products.

A small number of units from an early production run have been affected by a problem with the main body gasket material, which has resulted in some of the diodes malfunctioning at high temperatures.

We have taken the step of advising all our retail outlets who received stock from this production run THAT A SMALL NUMBER OF UNITS WILL BE AFFECTED. This problem in no way affects the safety or integrity of the product.

The AquaRay range carries a 5-year guarantee, and, as with all TMC warranties, any faulty product will be replaced without question.

I would be grateful for any information regarding the source of your report. Please contact me directly should you require any further information or to discuss this further.

Kind regards
    I am still not totally convinced sealing them in under lenses is the right way to go about it. I have seen LEDs running outside in the wind and rain working no problems. I will take 14 days to get them and the resistors so i have ages to ponder about it :S.

Thinking about a strip of about 10 with each open could brass back them for heat not sure just now wait till they get here.
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12