Thread: 5 gallon octagon is awesome!

Talking 5 gallon octagon is awesome!

Well, I finally got my extra cardinal tetras from Petco. I got 3 more so it could be 5 cardinals and my octinoculous but I guess God only wanted me to have 4 because 1 died, went and exchanged him, found out my water perameters are great except for hard water :P Got the new one in, a day or two later, another one passed. But I've had the 4 and the octi in there now for over 2 weeks. Tank is awesome. It's taking care of itself. I vacuumed it for the first time ever a week ago, and wow, there was barely any waste. Only problem is that it sits in direct sunlight for like an hour, so I have to clean the algea out quite regularly, but nothing other than that. I also use Cycle in it once a week, just 1/2 a capful since it's only 5 gallons, and I swear by that product. It's great. I had no deaths during cycling, and even with the new fish, my ammonia didn't spike :P I mean, it might also be because I kick butt at fish tanks but hey, I wouldn't be where I am without the help of many people on forums so I love to give my help now I will have pics up soon, because it's a nice little setup. Still deciding if I am going to put my 29 long out, but I really don't think we have the room in the new place. Once we finally move from NY to FL and have a nice big house where we are making mortgage payments on, instead of ridiculous rent, then the 29 long and the 55 gallon will be up 55 for clown loaches, and whatever else I decide in there, and then the 29 long for malawi cichlids, not too many, but a nice amount. I love getting them when they're only an inch and 1/2 and watching them grow up, it's great! Anyways, like I said, pics up soon, even if it is only a 5 gallon! It's my 5 gallon

-Leslie
    No eatting here tonight, no eatting here tonight... no no no eatting here tonight, you're on a diet

Re: 5 gallon octagon is awesome!

It sounds a nice set up looking foward to the pics

Re: 5 gallon octagon is awesome!

Looking foward to these pics too .
    Zeovit fan , Timo.