Thread: are these aptesia?

are these aptesia?

Not sure if you can call this an emergency but it will be if these things are what i think they are and they spread.If they are i have been told the best thing is to get a peppermint shrimp so were would be the best place to get one from? thanks guys

Re: are these aptesia?

yes it is aiptasia m8 and you could try a couple of Peppermint Shrimps but i never found them to be any good, i ended up getting a pearlscale butterfly fish which did it for me, or you could try some of uncle joe's lemon juice but you need to get this in its mouth

Regards Gary

Thanks gary at the mo they are tiny and a shop near me as a shrimp being as they are to small for anything else i will try that first its a shame but i dont think my tank is big enough for a butterfly fish
    Last edited by lost; 25-10-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Yes those aps m8. Peppermint shrimps work fine, the problem is most pet shops dont sell true Lysmata wurdemanni. Really hard to tell do a net search loads of info about. Basic its body is not very bright more transparent and no white stripes. You need a good shop to sell the right ones.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/inv...kpeppermin.htm

I did have one that liked aps but i found him dead yesterday in my sink , i had a clear out he must have been in a piece of rock hiding.

If you want to buy mail order Fishmans Frags sells the proper ones.
    Last edited by Timo; 26-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Other way is to just kill them lost, again net search cos there's loads of ways. Ones i have killed about 50% have come back to life.

Boiling water
    Lemon juice
    Kalk mix
    Hot blade

All worked but some came back.

Milliput over them if i can get to them to do that i find best way
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Thanks guys you have been a great help, the story so far got to the shop and asked for a peppermint shrimp only to be shown one that was a humped back not much differenceso no shrimpmy daughter works near a fish shop she is going to ask in there for me tomorrow, plus while i was out some scraped the front of my car.I spent a freezeing afternoon trying to tcut the scratches out i have had one one of thoes days

Ouch unlucky lost on the upside the lighting you have on your tank looks good in the picture
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Thanks mate its a 24" blue/white t5, riped out the old one it was no were near big enough.It looks ok its just a nightmare trying to get the lr to look nice not my best point

iv found with aiptasia in the past that they always have a back way out of a rock, you think you have got them only to find them come back out of another hole in the rock :worm:

as timo says Fishmans Frags are a good place to try as i know anne gets alot of stuff off him........good luck with it m8 and sorry to hesr about your car.

Np thanks gary it was not as bad as it sounded most of it i managed to tcut out.Anyway the shop is going to order me a shrimp as they are out of stock at the mo.Thank you again guys for all your help, thoes aptesia dont half spread fast