Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Fylde coast!

Sea Cucumber

Hello from the Fylde coast!

Hi

Very new to the aquarium game.

Have a 260 L Column at home which was bought for my 40th (cough cough).

Previously have had Koi & albino grass carp at our old house, they are still there but could not move them with us as we now have a baby girl and until she is older we thought it for the best.

Cheers

Anthony

Re: Hello from the Fylde coast!

Hello welcome to fish keeping Anthony
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Hi and welcome from me too Anthony
    Hope you like our forum and anythink you need to know just ask

Regards Gary

Smile Re: Hello from the Fylde coast!

Hi Anthony! Welcome to the hobby of fish keeping. It may turn into some weird but awesome obsession but do not be scared. Fish keeping is such a great hobby and can actually be very soothing, real studies have shown it to be
    Do you have fish in your current tank and if so what kind?
    I have a 55gal(my bf's)a 29 long(mine) and 2 tens (one mine, one his). We have everything for them all but no space where we live. Ended up adopting my moms 5 gallon that she failed on (this woman does not have time to relax really so deff no time for fish keeping, she used to have an awesome Cichlid tank when I was 5-12yo.) and it fits perfectly in our tiny house. I have 4 cardinal tetras and an octinoculous. I deff prefer bigger tanks though because it's easier to keep the levels right, this one is deff a pain. When we get a new place one day.... the 55gal is going up immediately to cycle! Anyways, sorry.. got to talking, as you can tell I am female :P Any questions or just fish related talk or just talk, who cares? We are a caring forum with a lot of fish knowledge!!!!
    *leslie*
    No eatting here tonight, no eatting here tonight... no no no eatting here tonight, you're on a diet

Sea Cucumber

Thanks everyone

Well, up until this week i had a 260L Marine Reef with

2 Cleaners
    1 Blood
    1 Firefish
    1 Coral Beauty
    3 Green Chromis
    2 Nemo's
    1 Scooter Blennie
    1 Starfish
    2 goatfish
    1 decorator crab
    1 brown leathery crab

Am now down to

3 Chromis
    1 Cleaner
    1 blood
    1 decorator crab
    1 brown leathery crab

Bit gutted but carrying on as I really enjoy fish

Hmmm that does not sound right m8 loseing all them fish how long have you had your tank running ? and have you had the water tested before you put anythink in there....... Green Chromis are the hardiest fish around that why we use then to get the water going......anyway before i go on let us know how long its been running

Regards Gary

Sea Cucumber

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
    Hmmm that does not sound right m8 loseing all them fish how long have you had your tank running ? and have you had the water tested before you put anythink in there....... Green Chromis are the hardiest fish around that why we use then to get the water going......anyway before i go on let us know how long its been running

Regards Gary
    Hi Gary

Tank was running for 2 weeks before the chromis went in after chatting to chaps at Norbreck, think the shrimp went in at the same time as the coral beauty so another 2 weeks on from that, then the nemos and goatfish about a week after.

They all seemed pretty happy and the tank had no squabbling

In total the tank has been running for just over two months, rocks are purpling up nicely and polyp things on the live rock all fine.

Nothing has died since yesterday so im fairly happy the bud has been nipped. going to keep it on at this level for the timebeing though, dont want to lose that money again

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Fish View Post
    Hi Gary

Tank was running for 2 weeks before the chromis went in after chatting to chaps at Norbreck, think the shrimp went in at the same time as the coral beauty so another 2 weeks on from that, then the nemos and goatfish about a week after.

They all seemed pretty happy and the tank had no squabbling

In total the tank has been running for just over two months, rocks are purpling up nicely and polyp things on the live rock all fine.

Nothing has died since yesterday so im fairly happy the bud has been nipped. going to keep it on at this level for the timebeing though, dont want to lose that money again
    I would check your Nitrate and Nitrite. Nitrate can be up to 50 but Nitrite should be 0 if its not do a water change and check TDS of RO water before using it
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Sea Cucumber

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    I would check your Nitrate and Nitrite. Nitrate can be up to 50 but Nitrite should be 0 if its not do a water change and check TDS of RO water before using it
    Nitrate is zero and nitrite was around 0.25.

Everything has gone now apart from the chromis who are looking happy and feeding fine.

Bah

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Fish View Post
    Nitrate is zero and nitrite was around 0.25.

Everything has gone now apart from the chromis who are looking happy and feeding fine.

Bah
    Sounds like you have had a Nitrite spike. Green Chromis can survive better than most other fish apart from some Damsels. Keep checking your Nitrite level it should go down to 0 then every thing should be ok
    Zeovit fan , Timo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast